It’s Saturday, it’s raining and there is no sign of the warm summer sun. In addition, it’s International Vegetarian day and all I can think about is comfort food. Here are 10 healthy veggie mains to celebrate international vegetarian day, 1st of October and the beautiful fall, because fall is definitely here!
In this weather we are in desperate need of some comfort food and I have put together a great selection of delicious, vegetarian and some vegan mains that are perfect for this season. These veggie mains are made with seasonal ingredients like pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and kale. So load your fridge with some of these veggies (if you haven’t already) and enjoy these tasty meat-free fall meals.
1. One of the most popular recipes on MF&H is this Mediterranean Quinoa stuffed butternut squash which also happens to be one of my favourite recipes for this season.
2. Andrea from The Petite Cook has created this beautiful seasonal Risotto with Pumpkin and Rosemary, using barley instead of rice. This is known in Italy as orzotto and it’s definitely something you should try this fall.
3. Here is another simple and tasty creation by Robert aka the Veggie Lad – Sweet Potato, Red Onion and Feta Frittata.
4. Stuffed Pumpkin with Stilton and Walnut Pàtê, this vegetarian creation by Chris from Thinly Spread will definitely impress your guests this season.
5. This Gluten-free Chickpea calzone by Nadia from Nadia’s Healthy Recipes is the the ultimate comfort food.
6. A delicious recipe that includes some of the best seasonal vegetables – Harissa, Kale & Roasted vegetable tart by Jemma from Celery & Cupcakes.
7. Another recipe from me, super simple and delicious Sweet jacket potatoes with Tomato and Herb beans.
8. This Creamy Pumpkin Spaghetti with garlic kale by the popular Pinch of Yum blog is the perfect meal for a cosy rainy day lunch.
9. Quick and easy fall-perfect recipe – Butternut squash chili with quinoa and beans by Savory Tooth.
10. Warm up with this Vegan Spicy Pumpkin and Carrot soup recipe by The Petite Cook again, because soup is a must in the cold fall and winter months.
I hope you like this delicious selection of healthy veggie mains. Enjoy those cosy fall moments and take advantage of the great seasonal vegetables!
If you want to get more healthy recipes daily in your facebook feed, join our facebook group The Real Food Club where some of the bloggers behind these recipes share more nutritious creations. The groups is open to anyone who loves wholesome food!