I have a super delicious zoodles/courgetti recipe that will blow you away! The perfect recipe for a summer pasta or an even lighter meal, made with spiralized courgettes. This basil pesto and prawns courgetti/zoodles recipe doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to make, seriously easy and quick! When people try it, they can’t believe it’s pasta-free.
To make this a low-carb meal, use your spiralizer to turn the lovely courgettes into “spaghetti”. I prefer to cook mine in the pan together with the rest of the ingredients, but I know some prefer them raw. I like it because the courgettes turn softer and the finished meal is warm and simply irresistible with the melted mozzarella.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with pasta as well, so if you wish you can use regular spaghetti for this recipe, you just need to boil them first as per the instructions on the packaging. If you tend to eat pasta quite often, it might be a good idea to consider switching to courgetti/zoodles from time to time to maintain a balanced carbs intake. As you probably know, too much processed carbohydrates can be challenging to your body, especially if you are trying to lose weight. It’s a clever way to get your kids to eat more veggies as well.
I love green basil pesto. I can’t think of anything that will not taste good with pesto. From salads to marinated fish and pasta, it adds an incredible fresh taste to any food. It makes the cooking process easier as well, you just need to get a jar of good quality pesto, preferably made with extra virgin olive oil, instead of refined vegetable oils. You can also make your own and have it ready for recipes like this one.
Fresh king prawns are also part of this vegetable noodles recipe, to make your meal complete with protein. The prawns, combined with the sun-dried tomatoes and the green basil pesto create a truly delicious meal, made low-carb thanks to spiralized courgetti/zucchini. There is also a bit of mozzarella, which melts in the green sauce and oh it’s so good…
- 1/2 cup fresh, cleaned king prawns
- 1 spiralized courgette/ zucchini
- 2-3 slices mozzarella (chopped in smaller pieces)
- 2 tbsp of green basil pesto (you can add more if you wish)
- handful of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a pan to a medium temperature and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, followed by the prawns. Cook the prawns for 3-5 minutes, making sure both sides of the prawns are cooked.
- Add the spiralized courgette and cook for another 3-4, minutes with a lid on to allow the courgetti to soften.
- Often courgettes release a lot of water while they are cooked, so before you continue drain any water out of the pan.
- Add the pesto and the rest of the ingredients and cook for another minute or two to allow the mozzarella to melt in the sauce.
Double all the ingredients to make this a meal for two.