Do you want to impress your guests? Or simply fancy a cheesy snack? Then you need to make this truly scrumptious and beautiful baked Camembert topped with honey-glazed pistachios and very crispy Bruschetta on the side. I absolutely love cheese and the smelly French Camembert is one of my favourite, especially when it’s baked and melted and you just want to dip your fingers in it! The best part is that this amazing starter is very simple and barely requires any preparation!
In this case you don’t need to use your fingers as you can dip these thin, crispy bruschettas seasoned with oregano and extra virgin olive oil. I absolutely love them, I call them the Perfect Bruschettas and you can find the recipe for them in a separate post here but if you want to know everything about this delicious Camembert than keep reading!
The toasted pistachios with the honey coating are just the tip of the iceberg! The sweet honey is somehow in a perfect combination with the salty cheese and it brings out its amazing strong flavour.
You can dip the bruschettas in the Camembert or you can spread the cheese on top of them. However you decide to eat them, I am sure they will be gone soon!
Isn’t this a beautiful mess? This is an absolute favourite of mine, I truly hope you enjoy this recipe, it will make your friends ask for more! You might be full by the time the main meal is served!
- 1 whole Camembert cheese (check it's vegetarian)
- 50 g raw pistachios (shells removed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- a batch of The Perfect Bruschetta
- I suggest you cook the bruschettes before cooking the Camembert as it needs to be hot.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C ( 390 °F).
- Remove any plastic packaging from the cheese and place back in its box, leaving the lid off. Normally the cheese comes in its own box that is suitable for baking but read the instructions on the box to make sure that it is okay to be heated.
- With a sharp knife pierce the top of the cheese a few times and place in the hot oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime toast the pistachios in a medium heated pan (do not add any oil) for about 5 minutes or until you can smell their nutty aroma. Constantly stir the nuts while cooking them.
- Remove the nuts from the pan and mix with the honey in a small bowl.
- When done, take out the Camembert from the oven and top with the honey-glazed nuts.