Do you need an easy recipe for quick, delicious and healthy vegetables? These oven-baked balsamic vegetables are perfect on their own or as a side dish and trust me, they will be gone very quickly!
The thing I love about them is that they are so easy to make, you just cut a couple of veggies, add some herbs, put them in a baking dish and in 20 minutes you have gorgeous, tasty vegetables with a hint of Balsamic vinegar. I also grate a bit of Parmesan cheese on top, as there is nothing I love more than a bit of melted cheese but you can leave it out if you are vegan.
- You can use whatever veggies you like and as many as you want. I normally use these:
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar (+ some extra to taste if you like)
- 5 tbsp Olive oil or another cooking oil you like
- salt to taste
- 20g Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 250°C.
- Cut the veggies and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the veggies with the olive oil, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, basil and salt until everything is mixed well. This is an easy way of coating all of the vegetables with oil without using too much of it.
- You will need just a bit more olive oil to grease your baking dish. If your vegetables are well coated in olive oil you can skip this.
- Put the veggies into the dish and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until done.
- Once you get them out of the oven, grate the Parmesan cheese over them while still hot.
- Add some extra balsamic vinegar to taste (optional) and serve.