These irresistible warm, creamy zoodles/courgetti with salmon will impress you not only with their taste, but also with how quick and simple they are to prepare. The classic combination of salmon and cream cheese, accompanied by spinach leaves make these courgetti a truly delicious and nutritious meal.
This quick and easy creamy courgetti meal is gluten-free, high in protein and rich in omega 3. Often we don’t provide our body with enough of the needed omega 3 fatty acids and fish is one of the best sources of omega 3. In addition, the lack of processed carbohydrates like wheat, make these courgetti with salmon a truly healthy meal that is satisfying at the same time.
When choosing the brand of cream cheese keep in mind that often the supermarket’s own-brand cream cheese is the best choice as most of them don’t contain any additives, while some of the popular cream cheese brands contain a lot of E number additives. Always read the ingredients list to make sure you making a good choice.
There are lots of ways you can improve this courgetti recipe even further, you can add herbs like parsley, chives, nuts or chillies for example. Sun-dried tomatoes will add an incredible taste as well. The possibilities are endless, but even if you just stick to the basic recipe, you will still fall in love with these creamy courgetti.
To learn more bout the benefits of spiralizing vegetables, check out the 5 reasons why you need to start spiralizing.
- 1 spiralized courgette (zucchini)
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp cream cheese
- handful of fresh spinach
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- lemon wedge
- Season the salmon fillet with pepper and salt and brush each side with olive oil.
- Gently fry the salmon fillet in a pan on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, turning it occasionally to cook on each side. Once done, remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the spiralized courgette. Place the lid on and let the noodles cook for about 1-3 minutes.
- Remove any water from the pan as the courgettes release a lot of water when they are cooked.
- Add the garlic, cream cheese, spinach and some salt and pepper. Stir and place the lid on again, cooking for a few more minutes until the noodles are soft and the cream cheese has melted.
- Serve the creamy spinach courgetti together with the salmon fillet and squeeze the lemon wedge on top.
Double to ingredients to make this recipe for 2.