Happy New Year real food lovers! Are you taking part in Veganuary this year? A month without dairy and meat might sound scary to those that are new to veganism, but I encourage you to try it out for a month and see how you feel after. To help you recharge and nourish your body with lots of veggie goodness, I have compiled a list of 31 healthy vegan mains for every day of Veganuary! Realistically I don’t think most people cook every single day in a month, but if you do decide to do it, you are going to have plenty of choices!
This list of delicious healthy vegan mains includes some of my recipes as well as many recipes from fellow food bloggers. Lots of fresh veggies and protein-rich legumes combined in delicious and healthy meals. I look forward to trying these recipes this month as I will be eliminating cheese and fish from my diet for a month of delicious food that doesn’t contain animal ingredients.
If you need help sourcing the ingredients for these recipes check out my vegan shopping list guide to Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose and enter the veganuary giveaway here to win a £30 cashback voucher to spend at your local supermarket!
1. Easy Lentil Pumpkin bowls (Vegan and Gluten-free)
2. Pulled Jackfruit in a Homemade Rich Smoky Barbecue Sauce by Tin & Thyme.
3. Pumpkin, Cauliflower and Chickpea Korma by Foodie Quine.
4. Vegan Paella recipe by Veggie Lad.
5. The Easiest Vegan Pad Thai by The Petite Cook.
6. Miso Mac & Cheese with Sizzling Sesame Eggplant by Food To Glow.
7. Sus from Rough Measures shares her Favourite Vegan Chilli recipe.
8. Courgetti (zoodles) with avocado pesto dressing & baby plum tomatoes by Family Friends Food.
9. Mushroom Pasta with Butternut Squash with sage by Veggie Desserts.
10. Black Chickpea & Red Quinoa Burgers with Prunes by Tin & Thyme.
11. Baked Eggplant with Lentils, Tomatoes and a herby topping by Quite Good Food.
12. Authentic Greek Stuffed Tomatoes by Olive Tomato.
13. Spicy Slowcooker Bean Soup by Recipes from a Pantry.
14. Vegan Crispy “Duck” (Cauliflower) and pancakes by Veggie Desserts.
15. Caponata – Aubergine Stew by Recipes from a Pantry – a hearty stew with a tablespoon of dark chocolate!
16. The Green Warrior Burger – green, glorious and oh so delicious!
17. A Mexican classic, veganised! Try this ToFish Vegan Tacos Recipe by Veggie lad.
18. The ultimate Crispy Oven-baked Falafels – one of my most popular recipes, crazy simple and delicious.
19. Bright and nutritious Baked Beetroot Falafels by Lazy Cat Kitchen.
20. Warm up with this Slowcooker Winter Detox Moroccan Sweet Potato Lentil Soup prepared by Little Spice Jar.
21. Black spaghetti with roasted tomatoes by A Mummy Too.
22. Vegan Aubergine “Meatballs” in a rich tomato sauce by Supergolden Bakes.
23. New Potato & Pea Curry with Yellow Split Peas by the Flexitarian
24. Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms by Poppy and the Bees.
25. Recharge with these nourishing Vegan Buddha Bowls with sweet potatoes and chickpeas by Dinner at the Zoo.
26. Stuffed Butternut Squash with Curried Couscous salad by Little Spice Jar.
27. Filling Warm Lentil and Tomato Salad by Lauren Caris Cooks.
28. The ultimate comfort food – Chestnut Mushroom Bourguignon by the Veg Space.
29. In just 20 minutes you can enjoy these Awesome Vegan Lentil Wraps by Beauty Bites.
30. Jerk Style Cauliflower Steaks by Kyle Books.
31. Vegan Italian “Meatloaf” by Plant Based. Oh yes, it exists.
I hope these amazing healthy vegan mains inspire you to go vegan for a month! Maybe even longer? It’s better for you and the environment, which desperately needs us to reduce our meat and dairy consumption. Permanent dietary changes sound scary and they often discourage people from making any changes at all. So removing the “permanent” aspect makes everything a lot more realistic.
I normally balance a lifestyle of healthy vegan, vegetarian and pescatarian meals all year around, no other meat, but this month I will be a full-time vegan as well! For me the only difficult aspect is cheese, but with so many vegan cheese brands available, it should help with my cravings. Even if you decide to go back to a non-vegan lifestyle after January, just try to rely more on plants than you rely on meat and hopefully after time, you will realise that you don’t even need meat!
Good luck and please feel free to share your veganuary experience in the comments below. If you try any of these healthy vegan mains, please let me know what you thought! I wish you an amazing 2018!