This salad is a true vitamin bomb! The two main ingredients are carrots and beetroot which are extremely rich in numerous nutrients, but one of their main benefits is that they are full of beta-carotene.
What is beta-carotene?
These two vegetables provide you with a great amount of beta-carotene, which is a red-orange pigment found in bright colourful vegetables and fruits. Our body converts it to Vitamin A and it is a powerful antioxidant. We need it for beautiful skin, eye health and it is also a great immune system booster. Here is some more info on the benefits of beta-carotene.
Pea shoots are the greens in this salad which are also packed with vitamin C, A and folic acid. I have added a bit of lime as well for even more vitamin C and great flavour addition to the whole mix. This salad has a great sweet taste and it’s super energising.
This salad is also:
- Full of dietary fiber
- High in iron, manganese, potassium
- Very high in vitamin A, B6 and C
- 2 medium size carrots
- 1 large beetroot
- 50 g pea shoots
- 1/2 lime
- extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the carrots and the beetroot. If you have a food processor that can do that, definitely use it as it would be a huge time saver.
- Mix all together with the pea shoots.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime.
- Add a bit of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!