Easy, oven-baked carrot chips. I love, love, love these baked carrots. I can eat all of them by myself without even realising it. They work great as a side for almost any meal or you can simply add them in salads, they taste amazing. This is one of those recipes that I have the habit of cooking quite often for dinner as it’s easy, nutritious and delicious.
Once baked the carrots are very sweet but I also pour a bit of balsamic vinegar over the carrots just to add a slightly sour taste. Balsamic vinegar has a very strong taste so my suggestion would be to sprinkle just a few drops. It works very well with the sweetness of the carrots.
I also like having these carrots on their own just with a dip, the one on the picture below is my Vegan Cucumber dip/sauce.
- 3 large carrots (or as many as you want)
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C (482 °F).
- Cut the carrots and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the carrots with the oil and salt until all is mixed well. This is an easy way of coating all of the carrots with oil without using too much of it.
- Spread the chips on a baking paper directly on your oven shelf, in a single layer without overcrowding them.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer on a plate and sprinkle a few drops of balsamic vinegar (optional).