This carrot noodles salad is zingy, refreshing and super delicious! It might just look like spiralized carrot in a bowl, but trust me the dressing adds BIG flavour! This nutritious salad is perfect all year around and it makes a great side or a light lunch.
I love carrots because they stay fresh for a really long time, unlike some more “needy” veggies/fruits like an avocado for example. You can spirzlize or chop a few carrots and keep them in a box in the fridge for a week just fine. To help them stay fresh for even longer you can squeeze some lemon juice over them. This way your meal prep is done so when you want to make a quick salad like this one or a nice stir-fry, you have your carrot noodles ready.
I got this salad idea from my family’s restaurant menu back in Sofia. The only difference is that they don’t spiralize the carrot, but I make it with carrot noodles, because I think spiralized salads are more fun. :) This citrus dressing is a combination of fresh mint, extra virgin olive oil and orange and lemon juice. I added some sunflower seeds as well, as they add a nice crunch.
I love this salad and I think it’s especially great in the summer, I associate the taste of mint with summer somehow. If you like the idea of carrot noodles, there are lots of other recipes you can create with them like healthy stir-fries.
- 2 large carrots (spiralized into carrot noodles)
- juice from 1/2 orange
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- handful of fresh mint
- 1-2 tbsp of raw sunflower seeds
- Spiralize the carrots using a spiralizer or grate them.
- Chop the mint leaves and whisk with the rest of the ingredients (leave out the sunflower seeds) to make the dressing.
- Put the carrot noodles in a large bowl and pour over the dressing and mix to ensure the carrots are coated in the dressing.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top and serve.
If you liked this Carrot Noodles salad with Mint & Orange dressing, you might also like this Beta-Carotene Bomb salad. Here are some other recipe ideas with carrot noodles you might want to try: