Surprise your loved ones with this personalised chocolate gift! I didn’t buy any expensive gifts this year, I thought it would be better to just create something simple and personal that everyone will love! I made these Cinnamon Rice chocolate bars, put them in little goodie bags and attached a special card to each one of them! They were an absolute hit on the 25th! Below you will find the printable gift card, which you can use to create the very same gifts for your friends and family!
I wanted to add some healthier, tasty ingredients to the chocolate that still look pretty and Christmassy! What makes these bars great is the puffed rice inside. I didn’t actually use puffed rice but what I had was some organic brown rice cakes and just crumbled them. You can use either, whichever is easier to get. I topped the chocolate bars with some goji berries and shredded unsweetened coconut. As you probably know, goji berries are a superfood as they are a great source of antioxidants and are packed with fibre! Your Christmas chocolate bars are going to be much ‘cleaner’ and tastier than the store-bought candy (and much prettier too)!
You can use proper chocolate molds or any plastic container like the one below. I got this when I bought some nuts but a simple container from cream cheese would do a great job too!
It literally takes minutes to make these chocolate bars and you can use any ingredients you like. Nuts, orange zest or any sort of dried fruits would be great. You just need a good quality dark or milk chocolate, whichever you prefer.
Finally, as promised, here is the gift card you can sign and give to your friends or family. Just click on the image below to see the full-size printable picture. I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
- 4 dark/milk chocolate bars (100 g each & gluten-free)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 - 3 crumbled rice cakes or 1/2 cup puffed rice (gluten-free)
- a handful of goji berries
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Melt the chocolate bars in a bowl over a pan with some simmering water.
- Add the cinnamon to it and mix well.
- Pour a very thin layer of the melted chocolate onto each of your containers.
- Sprinkle the crumbled rice cakes (or puffed rice) generously over the chocolate layer.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate and then top with the goji berries and coconut.
- Put in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours or until the chocolate is firm again.