Delicious and creamy tagliatelle with white sauce, spinach and toasted pine nuts. Simple and quick weeknight meal which is extremely tasty as well. The sauce is ready in just a few minutes and all you need to do is mix the ingredients and boil the fresh pasta, it literally takes 15 minutes to make.
It’s not a very ‘skinny’ meal, but everything is okay when it’s eaten in a balanced way. Most people are worried about the fat in their food but often forget about the processed carbs. I personally cook pasta no more than once a week and usually its whole wheat dried pasta but occasionally I love to cook fresh as well. Fresh pasta is delicious and the way the sauce just melts in. For some reason I always associate fresh pasta with the white creamy sauces and this creamy spinach sauce is the perfect companion for it and it’s very easy!
Above all though, enjoy your food, this is a great example of a tasty weeknight meal that you can easily prepare and it doesn’t come out of the microwave.
- 300 gr fresh tagliatelle
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp of mascarpone (or some other cream cheese)
- 80 gr fresh spinach (chopped)
- 50 gr pine nuts
- 1/2 garlic clove or powdered garlic
- lemon wedge
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan
- Boil the fresh tagliatelle for about 4 - 5 minutes (or as long as it says on the package).
- In a saucepan whisk the sour cream, mascarpone, crushed garlic, olive oil, black pepper and squeeze the juice from a slice of lemon.
- Add the spinach and warm up the sauce on a low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the spinach has soften.
- Once your creamy mixture is done, take it off the cooker, add the spinach and stir.
- Drain the pasta, add some additional olive oil and pour over the creamy sauce together with the pine nuts. You can eat the pine nuts raw or toss them for a couple of minutes in a heated pan separately which really brings out their nutty flavour (no oil needed).
- Grate some Parmesan for each serving.
Here is another delicious pasta recipe you might want to try, it takes a bit more time, but you will end up with the best veggie tomato pasta you will ever cook!