Unlike other wholemeal pancakes recipes, these actually taste amazing! Every time I make them there is a divine smell in the kitchen of cinnamon and coconut. There is no added sugar or dairy, just natural flavours and full of fibre wholemeal flour. The pancakes are soft and very rich in flavour, it will take you 5 minutes to make the batter and you can really surprise your whole family with them!
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour (organic)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or other milk substitute)
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla paste (or maple syrup instead)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- pinch of baking soda
- fruits and maple syrup or honey to serve
- In a bowl turn the banana into pure with a fork, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get a smooth slightly thick mixture.
- Heat the pan to medium-high temperature and use coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Pour about half a ladle of the mix onto the pan (as they are thicker, make them smaller).
- Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes and flip when the bottom starts to turn brown or when bubbles start to appear.
- Remove from the pan and serve.