Morning! Ready for a nutritious and easy breakfast? Well get your muffin tray ready then and preheat the oven. These egg muffins are so delicious and you probably have most of the ingredients already. They are loaded with protein and iron to give you the energy you need in the morning. The best thing about them though is their shape, not the usual eggs so kids love them! Another thing that I like about them is that they are easy to take out in a lunch box for picnic or somewhere else.
It’s best to buy organic eggs only to avoid the antibiotic injections used in conventional farming and prepare a healthier breakfast for your family. Are you often confused about the different labels and codes on your eggs? Than you might find The Ultimate Eggs guide very useful as it explains everything you have to know about the way your eggs are produced.
A lot of people associate eggs with high cholesterol and are worried about eating too many eggs. In the Dairy & Eggs guide there is a full explanation of the health benefits of eggs and if they are really affecting our cholesterol.
Below are my favourite ingredients to add to your egg muffins but you can use anything you like really and prepare them in your own way.
- 5 eggs
- 1 large tomato
- 40 g spinach
- 80 g feta (crumbled)
- butter/oil to grease the tray
- salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven at 200º C (392º F).
- In a bowl whisk the eggs.
- Chop the tomatoes into cubes and add to the eggs.
- Chop the spinach and add to the bowl followed by the feta, mix well.
- Grease the tray with butter or a different cooking oil and pour the mixture in the muffin tray holes.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
As the feta is quite salty you may want to skip adding extra salt.