One of my favourite salads! Sweet pear and grilled halloumi cheese salad, a very interesting and tasty combination. I have this salad as a main and it makes a great meat free lunch, especially in the summer!
Why is Halloumi cheese special? Well it has the unique feature of not melting when heated and it goes very well with fresh fruits. I use my grill pan to cook the cheese and in a few minutes it’s done! I was unlucky once with some bad quality halloumi cheese that started melting but most of them are perfect for grilling.
- 100g Halloumi Cheese (2-3 thick slices)
- 1 Pear (ripe)
- 50 g mix of Rocket Salad & Pea Shoots (or other greens)
- 40 g (handful) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat your grill pan to medium-high heat. Slice the halloumi into 1/2 inch slices and brush each side with a bit of olive oil.
- Place both sides on the grill for a few minutes until it turns brown but do not overcook as it can turn quite gooey.
- In a bowl mix the pea shoots and rocket salad (add salt if you wish). Add the sunflower seeds and the pear (cut into cubes).
- Slice the cooked cheese into smaller pieces, add to the salad and pour a bit of olive oil. Enjoy!