Fresh, spring green salad perfect on the side of every meal! This colourful Radish & Leek salad goes very well with some lemon juice dressing or balsamic vinegar.
I absolutely love making it, especially during the summer months. Sometimes I add a bit of feta cheese if I am having it as a main meal but then again I add feta to almost anything. I find it perfect for wrap fillings as well and you can make it with any greens you have. Normally I use a mix of watercress, spinach and rocket but the salad would be just as good if you use other green stuff.
- 100 g salad greens (I used watercress, spinach and some rocket)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 leek
- 45g radishes (4 - 5)
- salt to taste
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- juice from 1/2 lemon and/or 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Chop the radishes and cucumber and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and squeeze the juice of half a lemon or use balsamic vinegar instead for a stronger taste.