This creamy vegetable soup is unbelievably easy and delicious! You only need 3 types of vegetables, milk and some seasoning. A foolproof lunch recipe for the whole family!
I love this soup because I always have the ingredients in my fridge (except for the Mascarpone) and whenever I am at home and I feel like making a soup, this is my usual choice as it only takes about half an hour to cook and barely any preparation is needed. You don’t need to cut the vegetables, just peel them and put them in the pot to boil. Easy!
You can add other vegetables if you wish, you can’t go wrong with more vegetables! You may have to increase the water a bit if you do decide to add more.
In the recipe you will find a bit of Mascarpone but this is optional and it’s only to add extra creaminess to the soup, if you do it with milk only it will still be very good. To make it vegan, just use a milk alternative.
- 4 medium-large potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone (optional, skip if vegan)
- 3 tbsp of dried oregano
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 800 ml of water in the kettle to the boil.
- Peel all of the vegetables and add to a large pot together with the boiling water, leave it to boil for about 20 - 25 minutes on medium-high heat.
- With a hand blender, blend all of the vegetables as they are in the pot until smooth.
- Add the salt/ black pepper, oregano and stir. Add the butter and let it melt in the soup.
- In a separate saucepan heat the milk bringing it close to boiling point (avoid burning it). Add the Mascarpone to it and whisk.
- Add the creamy mixture slowly to the soup stirring while pouring. It needs to be hot otherwise it will not blend well with the mixture.
- You may need to add more water (hot) to adjust the thickness of the soup if it's too thick.